JOB SUMMARY:Overall responsibility for supervising a shift or project, or aspects of maintenance/ engineering operations which may include scheduling employees, assigning daily work and projects, training and coaching employees, and inspecting work for quality and productivity. The Maintenance Supervisor will inspect work assignments to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and within specifications and assist in educating/training employees on current safety issues
- Maintain and repair the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents.
- Participate in the planning, execution and achievement of the hotel's preventive maintenance program goals, especially with regards to mechanical and electrical systems and equipment .
- Contribute to guest satisfaction standards by ensuring that technical support services quickly address and where possible anticipate, individual needs.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget as well as control of day-to-day expenses.
- Establish and maintain systems and procedures to ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenish supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and to minimize waste of energy and other utilities.
- Work with Engineer and/or outside architects regarding renovations and other such projects; contact contractors for bids and meet with appropriate construction supervisors.
- Spearhead all internal special remodeling projects and associated capital expenditure or budgetary requirements.
- Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering and 6 years’ experience in supervisory levels in a 3-star hotel environment.
- Experience in refurbishments, general building maintenance and/or construction.
- Must be fully familiar with Kitchen, Refrigeration, Air-conditioning and Laundry systems
- Very good knowledge in electrical systems and controls.
- Computer skills especially in MS Office and Email and Internet.