JOB SUMMARY:A restaurant cashier closes outstanding food and beverage bills by accepting payment from the customer. All restaurant cashiers have the dual responsibilities of direct customer interaction and money handling. Restaurant cashiers may also serve in another capacity as a host, server, or floor manager.
- Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of guest service.
- Maintain an awareness of all menu items.
- Accurately and efficiently process POS transactions and accurately maintain all cash and media at the POS.
- Respond appropriately to guest concerns and communicate guest requests to management
- Maintain cleanliness of the counter and surrounding floor at all times.
- Check orders for accuracy and portion control.
- Deliver food to the guest when necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS:Basic Accounting skills with strong numerical computer, and multitasking skills.
Conversant with Micros or similar point of sale systems. Experience with credit card machines and check verification devices may also be valuable assets for the restaurant cashier.
- Ability to process information through POS system.
- Ability to communicate with team members and guests.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation and process payment transactions.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.