- Present drink menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages.
- Up sell drink specials and food items as directed by management.
- Learn the names of patrons and personally recognize our regulars.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately into the Point of Sale system.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable).
- Clear and reset tables in bar area, wash and sterilize glassware.
- Prepare garnishes for drinks and replenish snacks, appetizers for bar patrons.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Receive and serve food orders to guests seated at the bar.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to restaurant manager.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
QUALIFICATIONS:A certificate in F&B Service with a minimum of 1 year experience as a Bartender in a 4 star hotel or upmarket club/bar.
- Outgoing personality, positive attitude and strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of restaurant operations, service procedures and function.
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Have working knowledge of beer, wine and liquor and common drink recipes.
- Honesty and Integrity