HUMAN RESOURCES/TRAINING OFFICER
The HRTO will develop, advise on and implement policies relating to the effective use of staff in Jacaranda Hotels with an the aim to ensure we employ the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to employees to enhance their performance and achieve the Jacaranda business objectives. Your typical day to day activity areas will involve working practices, training, recruitment, conditions of employment, labour relations, liaison with external work-related agencies, information management etc.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work – related issues. Analyze data and reports to identify and determine causes of staff problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices.
- Prepare and analyze comprehensive reports; carry out assigned projects to their completion; establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, labor unions; efficiently and effectively administer a personnel system.
- Participate in conducting wage surveys within labor markets to determine competitive wage rates. Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Partner in overall personnel administration, including functions as appointments, promotions, transfers, demotions, suspensions, layoffs, and dismissals, administering disciplinary procedures and employee relations.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Develop and implement HR management policies and procedures and monitor all HR activities and practices and ensure that all staff are informed and updated on the same.
- Participate in the recruitment process in a manner that ensures that right caliber of employees are hired and that new employees receive thorough induction including equal employment opportunity policies and procedures, civil rights, and other related laws and practices.
- Coordinate the performance management process and all related functions including staff appraisal, training and development, planning and implementation and incentive schemes.
- This will include monitoring training costs against budget, administering evaluation and development activities, making recommendations on a cost effective development programme.
- Train Managers and supervisors on basic staff management and disciplinary skills and provide counseling support to staff as needed.
- Maintain and audit employee data/files; Maintain/audit files to ensure integrity of information, input data into relevant system(s) and generate reports; manage, organize and update data using database applications.
- Coordinate/obtain and track temporary staff and costing implications.
- Respond to requests for information from employees, management and external stakeholders as directed by the Group HR Manager.
- Research and compile a variety of informational materials from internal/external sources and summarizes information as directed and prepare reports from such materials.
Qualifications come here.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and employees; ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and possess a take-charge attitude. Self-motivated.
- Detail oriented and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.