GROUP PROCUREMENT MANAGER
The GPM is responsible for managing the Procurement department, providing leadership and managing the activities of the procurement coordinators.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement procurement strategy to ensure long term goals and organizational objectives are achieved.
- Management of the procurement departmental budget, ensuring that forecasts are accurate and adhered to.
- Develop an effective working relationship with user departments and assist them in articulating their procurement and distribution needs
- Direct procurement departments processes which include planning of procurement of commodities and services in compliance with JHLregulations ensuring the achievement of best value for money.
- Management of inventory planning for all raw materials in order to achieve efficient materials flow and meet user needs
- Contribute to org’s strategic planning and implementation
- Preparation of relevant management information for use across and outside the organization and the design and delivery of Key Performance Indicators
- Raise the performance of Managers in the department, creating a culture of shared leadership and ownership of processes
- Ensure Suppliers are held to account on their deliverables
- Develop and maintain highly effective internal and external communications
- Review and draw up leases, sub award contracts and vendor contracts
- Liaising with Legal Counsel in legal matters
- Work with user departments at reducing costs associated with the supply chain
- Management, development, mentoring and coaching of the supply chain team
- Liaise with Risk and Compliance department in ensuring compliance with JHL rules and regulations and ensuring that audit recommendations are implemented
- Ensure that all records and documents pertaining to Supply Chain are maintained according JHL policies
- Contribute to improving performance as part of senior management team
- Constantly look out for cost reduction and process improvement opportunities for the department and the organization
- Any other duties assigned by the MD
- A Post Graduate Degree in Business or Social Science.
- A University degree in Commerce, Business Administration or related field. An MBA is preferred.
- Full professional qualifications in CIPS or equivalent
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a senior management role in a busy procurement department.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and familiar with ERP systems
- Problem-solving skills and an ability to work on both on a tactical and strategic level
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written skills
- Membership to professional body is desirable.
- People and performance management skills such as coaching and mentoring.
- The ability to motivate and lead a team
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Results focused: Move focus from analysis to action; show persistence to overcome obstacles; take immediate action to solve problems; ensure follow through
- Develop others: give people challenging assignments to develop their capabilities; provide timely coaching, instruction and feedback, create an environment where failure is seen as an opportunity to learn
- Drive Change & Innovation: Act with urgency for continuous improvement and with a bias towards action; promote development of breakthrough solutions; embrace and advocate innovations that improve results.
- Customer Service Orientation: see JHL from the client point of view; keep client needs paramount when making decisions and taking action; think beyond current client base; understand the forces that impact JHL, those we serve and those we could serve in the future. (Client refers to all internal/external stakeholders and customers. This should be more clearly defined by manager and employee, as appropriate).